Friday, August 15, 2008

Refreshing to know

That ALL of my kids have had a great start to school. Reading back on my posts, I can see that some may see me as being negative about having my kids and their friends at my house during the summer. Reality is, I love having my kids feel comfortable enough to have their friends hang out here and that their friends like hanging out here. I know what my kids are up to and I get to know their friends.


There are just times when I really need and want my own space, doesn't everyone? I was very social when I was a teenager, but my house wasn't the place to 'hang'. I always went to my friends' houses. Maybe that's why I consider my own house now as a sanctuary to myself. But my house isn't just for myself and I truly do enjoy the laughter and fun that fills up my house. It's a busy place around here and I wouldn't want it any other way!

1 comment:

AMY said...

You didn't seem like you didn't like have the kiddos around. Anyone who spends a lot of time around kids understands why you want a little peace and quiet every once in a while!