Friday, August 29, 2008

Finding Our Roots

My life's journey lately has been about finding more about my past and my heritage. Being adopted creates an even bigger challenge in finding one's roots. My world will not come to an end if I don't find more information, but I will not settle for not even trying. I take it one day at a time, this journey does not consume me, I have to be patient.
It just so happens that the Today Show has been talking about finding one's roots and today, someone said something that truly hit home with me, "It's not about what your ancestors did, it's about what you do today". I love who I am today(wow, I actually said 'love')I would have never said that a few years ago, I may have said 'like'. I know it's because of my life today and how I have come to embrace my life. So many people and events have shaped who I am today, all the good and even the bad.
So my journey continues, for what I do today will shape who I am tomorrow.

1 comment:

AMY said...

"It's not about what your ancestors did, it's about what you do today". What a great quote. Not everyone can say that they "love" what they do.