Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it My Age or What?

Valentine's Day is coming up and for me, it's just like any other day. I keep telling my hubby, 'Please don't get me anything for Valentine's Day, not even a card.' I really mean it. I am not one to send cards anymore. Maybe it's because the true meaning of sending cards has lost it's appeal for me. Everyone 'expects' a card or a gift for this day and that day. I don't like that.

Do we do things on certain days to 'show off' or it's expected? Some do. I do things because I want to, not because it is expected. It's not because I don't love people in my life, the purpose of things in my life have just been prioritized and identified the true meaning behind them. I love being generous and spontaneous. But I hate to be in the spot light so maybe that's why I don't like to be on the receiving end of anything either.

Is it my age? Partly, because I have matured and experienced many life events so I've figured out what is truly important.

2 comments:

Cassani Family said...

Xin Nian Kuai le! Happy Chinese new year!
Ke, Hai Lian
otherwise known as Adriana Cassani

AMY said...

My cynic side would say, "Valentine's Day is a made up Hallmark Holiday! Bah!" My non-cynic side would say, "My hubby treats me like a valentine every day." I agree with you on this one.