Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reality and 25 Years...

I have had several inquiries regarding our high school class 25 year reunion. I vowed I would not plan this one. Way too many people complained about the past ones and no, they weren't on the planning committee...and amazing to me that at our 20 year, people were still stuck back in the high school mode. I heard some inspiring stories from classmates, I heard some tragic stories. Will be interesting to hear these stories 5 years later.

I am willing to help get our classmates' contact information, however. That is a huge task. I was reading the contact book from our 10 year reunion, things really have changed. I have been in touch with a lot of classmates on FB, from the 10 year, classmates have moved, married, divorced, had more children and so on. I do have the information and pictures from our 20 year, even a full 'class' picture of those that attended the second night. I need to dig that out too, not exactly sure where that is since we moved, but I will find it.

Doing my research, it came as a shock to realize that some of my classmates have passed away. I just don't think of people my age passing away. It's sad to know this. With our class size being so big, I didn't know everyone, but I still think of them as I read the book.

I need to dig out my yearbook. For the 25 year reunion, I think we should do the then and now picture on our name tags. We shouldn't be ashamed of either picture, we should be proud that we are still here to be able to do such a thing.

No comments: