Sunday, July 8, 2012

Final Days in Korea

I'm not sure if I can remember all that happened during my final days in Korea.  We were very busy, needless to say and I was tired!  But I loved every minute.  

We traveled further south to Busan.  The weather was beautiful and had time to spend on the beach, tho I did not swim...not going to be in my bikini in public, tho I was seen in Myrtle Beach...why not in Korea, amongst my own peeps?  I don't know, I'm shy sometimes...I could have caught some rays as I felt like my tan was fading, but yet, everyone kept telling me how dark I was...of course I was dark compared to everyone in Korea that love to be pale.

We went to visit an orphanage while in Busan, I had forgotten I had been to this one before.  I was in charge of the group, as one of the tour members got sick in the morning, so the tour leader had to stay with her to take her to the clinic.  Once we arrived at the orphanage, I remembered being there before. The Director of the orphanage was such a neat person, I admire him dearly.  He's 70's years old, he and his wife adopted a son, who is now 17 years old, but his wife passed away five months ago.  He has such a big heart and compassion for the children.  He advocated for the children to be able to keep them in his orphanage til the age of 18 rather than have them sent to another orphanage when they turned 6.

We had a chance to play with the kids for about an hour.  One boy, he had a play cell phone so I took mine out and pretended to talk to him.  He seemed to enjoy this game.  Then he was joined by another boy and I started chasing them and they would run into the room next door.  They would come back and I would continue to chase them.  Soon the two boys grew to four boys, then girls started to join in and I would count on my fingers to three and they would all scream and run away.  This continued for quite awhile, they were wearing me out and I was so hot!  I found a room with an a/c unit and stood in front of it but the kids kept coming and I would chase them.  Some of the boys would kick me and punch me, one even head butted me in the stomach, some threw the big lego blocks and toys at me...wow, they were active!!  But it was fun playing with them, they had skipped going to kindergarten because our group was there.

After the visit and lunch, we went back to the hotel.  I spent my time sitting under an umbrella on the beach with a couple of other adoptees.  Was beautiful sitting and people watching.  Soon others from the group joined us and was fun getting to know them better.

My night was frustrating dealing with my laptop not charging due to the cord being exposed from Beaner chewing on it!  I wanted to be able to chat with family and friends and it was touch and go with the battery going down...So many things we take for granted...

No comments: