Thursday, July 12, 2012

What Day is It?

This jet lag is killing me.  I can't sleep thru the night, I'm tired after being awake 3 or 4 hours and end up snoozing.  Then I wake up feeling groggy.  I've been meaning to finish my posting of the final days in Korea, but my mind is so foggy, I can't remember what I even did on the last few days.

I'll talk about the final night and morning in Korea.  Our final night in Korea, we had a wonderful dinner at the 63 Building.  All the adoptees were in the traditional hanboks, beautiful colors and always a special night seeing all of them together.  Was nice sharing the night with Nikki and Kelsey too, as they have been at Ilsan volunteering.

As parents and adoptees shared their experiences with everyone, of course I needed my sunglasses but no, it was night time so I didn't have them with me.  Though two weeks in Korea seems like a long time, when it comes to the final night, I never want the trip to end.  I love everyone I meet and I know I will miss everyone and go thru group withdrawals.  Such a special trip and I feel so blessed to have shared in this journey with so many great people.

The morning we were to depart, I slept in, felt nice to relax and not hurry.  I did manage to do some power shopping and made a couple of major purchases.  One will be delivered to my house in about a month, can't wait to see it!

We then went to get some mandu for lunch, so yummy!  As I was eating my mandu in the hotel lobby, those that went to the Korean War Museum had come back and everyone else had started bringing down their luggage.

About 45 minutes before we were to load onto the bus, one of the dads came up to me looking for the tour leader...didn't sound good, he looked a little panicked...uh yeah, come to find out, he had lost his passport!!  He was with the group that went touring so it could have been anywhere...at the museum or somewhere in Itaewon...a needle in a haystack...

We had people calling left and right to start looking for the passport.  And it was time to load the luggage onto the truck.  Plan A:  The dad and the tour leader would stay behind, drive to the museum and Itaewon to look for the passport, then meet at the airport if it was found.  Plan B:  The dad would need to stay in Korea until Monday and go to the American Embassy to get an emergency passport then get a flight out, hopefully.  Thank goodness the tour leader was scheduled to stay in Korea for a few more days anyway...

Just as we were to load the bus to the airport, a call was received saying the passport was found at the McDonald's in Itaewon...what a miracle!!  The bus would stop along the way to pick up the passport...talk about a huge relief for EVERYONE!  Not the kind of excitement we wanted, but at least it all worked out.  Thank goodness the rest of the trip home was uneventful!

Now if I could just get my sleeping in order!

No comments: