Monday, July 2, 2012

Tough Decisions

This morning was the visit to the unwed mother’s shelter.  What a wonderful facility available to these mothers that are in a tough situation and will make one of the most difficult decisions of their lives.  As a mother, it breaks my heart to see the heartache these women are facing, you can see how torn they are, what should they do?

The staff at this facility are so wonderful and caring, they make the facility a home for these mothers and babies and become each other’s families.  It amazes me that still, in today’s society, that these women have to be in the facility rather than with their families, but they are too afraid to be with their families because they are not married and some have already been turned away by their families because they are not married.

There is new Director of the facility, she had been there previously so knows the program well and getting to know her more personally at dinner last night, she has a great heart for the job.  I feel so blessed to know that these mothers have a staff that love and care about them as if they were their own children.  What a blessing for the care and education these mothers receive here.  I was here in December and have heard the updates of two of the mothers, happy endings so far.  I wish them well.

And yes, I needed my sunglasses....

We are now on our way to Gyeongju.  We will be staying at a hotel rather than the traditional Korean hut on my last trip there, good thing because it is pretty hot outside.

No comments: