Sunday, July 15, 2012

Karaoke Anyone?

Forgot to mention that our last night in Busan, we actually did some karaoke!  I've never done karaoke in my life so this was a new adventure for me.  I don't like to be in front of people, I like being invisible...I know, hard to believe but it's true.  I don't like to be center of attention, I like being a wallflower.

Anyway, in Korea, you can rent a little room for your group.  There was a u-shaped booth and table, two microphones, screen and disco light.  It took awhile for everyone to get warmed up and brave enough to sing in front of the group, but once we got started, we had a blast!

Good laughs, great memories and we all sang.  I even sang a few songs with someone else and each time, our voices didn't record for some reason and we didn't get rated...must have meant we scored a perfect score, right?  We sang Whitney Houston's, I'll Always Love You, Disney's, A Whole New World, and Grease's, Summer Loving.

This was a great way to have some good laughs, I think my cheeks were sore from smiling and laughing so much!  I know some of the songs were video taped by a few people, let's just hope they don't end up on youtube...scary!  Will I have a new career in singing?  No, but it was fun to let our hair down and sing like we didn't have a care in the world!  And I didn't even have to drink any alcohol to get brave to sing in front of everyone...who knew!  But then again, I don't want to even think how I would be drinking in public...we'll save that for another time!

1 comment:

Debbie Dunham said...

That's so awesome! We'll have to keep that in mind for future trips. I've only done Karaoke once and that was at my son's wedding (after a couple of drinks). It was great fun, even though I can't sing on tune a bit! Good for you!