Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Only One Kid?

Lately, I have found myself shaking my head as I set the table for dinner.  I've been used to having two kids at home rather than three kids, but lately, I've only had one kid at home.  I've caught myself grabbing silverware for four of us.  Such a minor thing, but I will need to get used to only having three of us around since my son will be off to college in the fall.  Two kids in college...wow, makes me feel so old!  Yet, I don't feel old, is 45 really considered 'old'?

We've had this discussion with my kids at the dinner table actually.  And according to my youngest, who's 14 years old, 45 is old...really...??  We came to the conclusion that when our youngest was 14, we were considered young parents, but now that she is 21, almost 22, and our son is 18 and going off to college too, We. Are. Old.  Guess that's final.

1 comment:

Debbie Dunham said...

It's been a major adjustment at our house, too. Just four years ago, we normally had 8-10 around the table, now it's just four. It seems really weird. The kids remind me periodically, though, that for lots of families, four is a normal family dinner.