Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Arrival into Korea and First Day

We made it to Korea and as usual, it was a long flight and a long day, but that is always a given. Trying to sleep on the plane, well that's a given too that I don't sleep well. Time passes quicker when you can watch movies tho.

It was fun watching Kora be so excited about being on such a cool plane and be able to watch movies and play video games! Besides the fact she got to sit with her best friend from Oregon, Emma. They are truly two peas in a pod and can pick up where they left off from when they last saw one another. Such a great thing to be able to have friends so far away, yet be the best of friends when together.

We arrived at the Seoul airport and something new, we had to go thru a health screening after deplaning. Had to fill out yet another form for that to see if you had a cough, sore throat, watery eyes and all that. But as I was in the plane, a lot of people began coughing and had runny noses and watery eyes just from being on the plane over 10 hours! Ironic..

When we arrived to our hotel, luckily we were able to settle in quickly and go to bed, it didn't take much for all of us to fall alsleep. I did well and only woke up once in the middle of the night and then up at 7:00.

Our day was touring the Korean Folk Village. I tend to people watch more than do the tour thing. I like to watch people experience Korea for the first time. Kora, Taylor, and Erika's first trip to Korea, but not sure it has really sunk in that they are in Korea. Ok, maybe for Erika it has.

It's been fun watching Kora become great friends with the other girls her age. They have a blast on the bus together and around the places we go. I think I am making Kora angry by telling her she doesn't need to buy something until we go to my vendor at the Hotel. She thinks I'm nuts but it will be worth it.

Not much else today, thank goodness as people are tired the first day. Tomorrow we will be at the Holt office and will feel more like we are in Korea...I think. So will try and write tomorrow.

1 comment:

Cassani Family said...

wohoo! Have a fun trip.. I am envious but will read with and watch with anticipation!
Hopefully someday we will get to China together!
Ok you left me hanging, where are you moving too???
How great that you sold in less than a week?! WOW
We'd like to sell and move for the safety of my girls but the market is so bad right now here in Utah.
Keep us posted about your trip!
Adriana