Monday, June 22, 2009

There is nothing like starting off a trip with only just 3 hours of sleep. But then again, we had a great reason for being up later than anticipated. We sold our house! Woohoo!!

But 3:00am comes all too quickly. Packing the car with 10 suitcases and 5 people, yeah, figure that one out, but my hubby did and there was a smidgen of room for my youngest to buckle in.

Then it's unload time and to the ticket counter. Those that know me know I travel quite a lot so I do know my way around the ticket counter. But apparently, the ticket agents don't see that. The one 'helping' me with the self check in kiosk...first of all, it is a self serve checking, why do ticket agents have to help? They are just agents not behind the counter.

So as I am using the self check in, I asked my 'helper' if she wanted to use my passport instead and she said I just needed to use the bar code off of my boarding pass. So onto checking in the luggage...the total checked was 8, so up comes the total I need to pay...not good, as I know we aren't charged for two bags flying internationally.

I let the ticket agent, behind the counter, know that we are traveling internationally and she continues to say she needs to see that boarding pass, which, duh we don't have until we get to Seattle. So she continues to say that I need to show proof that I actually paid for this entire international flight and I therefore retrieve my printed out itinerary.

She looks at it and looks at me and tells me she can't read it...what? It's a computer print out, not my hand writing! She continues, very rudely I must say, to tell me she can't find the ticket number. I am juggling 4 passports and 10 boarding passes and she is being short with me...thank goodness I was calm as can be.

Skip comes along, he dropped the kids and I and the luggage at the curb then parked. I asked Skip for his passport and once again, the ticket agent says she can't read the printed out itinerary. Skip gave me a 'look'. He tells her it's sabre and she says, "Well we use apollo". The look again from Skip.

We did finally get checked in with all 8 in bags...I am very good at packing, once again, my luggage weighed 49lbs. on the dot!

I am just grateful I was the one that was at the ticket counter before Skip, he would not have been a happy camper and would not have been a good way to start off our trip. Can you imagine...we have an hour flight to Denver, 3 hour flight to Seattle, and then an 11 1/2 hr flight to Korea. Nope, would not have turned out pretty.

I am just glad I am calm as can be. I'm ready...

2 comments:

-Stacy and Ted said...

Have a WONDERFUL and SAFE flight!! I'm looking forward to following along on your journey!

asian~treasures said...

Hooray, you're on your way & your house sold...can't imagine starting your trip with any better news.

We're excited to follow along. Micah asked this morning if your airplane would fly over our house. Um...sure & we waved at the first one we saw. : )

Sheri, David, Micah & Adria