Monday, April 12, 2010

Frustrated...

So much so, I would love to be able to scream out at the top of my lungs! I am more than just frustrated. I am overwhelmed and anxious too. Guess this time of year consumes so much of my time. And I am one to say no to a lot of things, I am not one to always raise my hand and volunteer for things, but lately, it seems like I have a lot on my plate.

Between my obligations, family, and life's stresses, my mood is horrid. Well, maybe not horrid, but I'm not in a good mood. Did I mention I was frustrated?

So what do I do to change my mood? And when I think harder about what is making me feel this way, some of the things seem like piddly things, but when those piddly things add up, it makes for a bad mood. I am trying so hard to stay positive. The weather is gorgeous finally, spring flowers are blooming, the days are getting longer...ugh!!!!

My kids are frustrating me too, my two older kids. I'm sure my youngest will get under my skin soon, where there's a lull and peace, something will come up with her to add to the frustration.

Right now, I feel like a horrible parent. What have I taught my kids? Do I really have to spell things out for them? I guess so. I try not to compare myself with my kids from when I was growing up, but it's like night and day. Do they appreciate what they have? Don't they feel like bettering themselves and striving harder and harder? Things have been given to them way too freely. My fault as a parent.

Knowing the struggles and having to struggle in life, doesn't that make a person want to try really, really hard for themselves? Does struggling make a person appreciate things more? Want to contribute more? Doesn't accomplishing things by trying hard make it that much sweeter when something is accomplished?

What do I do? How do I get thru to my kids? Why don't they want to contribute more? I know, it's because I never made them. What the heck am I afraid of standing up for hard work? I did it and look at me now.

Parenting is so hard. When I think I'm doing things right, stuff comes up and slaps me in the face.

Did I mention I am frustrated??

1 comment:

-Stacy and Ted said...

You are a great parent! No one is perfect.... We've ALL done things we wish we wouldn't have... or done things we shouldn't have. Your children are blessed to have you as a mom!!! Don't you forget that!