Monday, June 28, 2010

Am I Really Ready?

I have had projects done in a house before, but never a remodeling project. And hearing horror stories about remodeling projects, why would I want to subject myself to one? Because I want my house the way I want it, the way I would have done it in the first place if we built it.

It's going to be a challenge to remain calm and let it happen. I am just hoping it all works out the way I had envisioned it in my mind from the onset. I think I'm crazy for wanting this. But in my mind, it looks pretty darn great! And also, it makes sense to me to do this, especially in this house for the purpose of being able to use the actual guest room for guests and not have to share a bathroom with my youngest daughter.

That's right, a bathroom renovation. The current bathroom situation is a 'Jack and Jill' set up. The bedroom has it's own vanity, but shares the toilet and shower. The current vanity area will house the shower and toilet. The walk in closet will be the new vanity area and the alcove right next to the bedroom will become the new walk in closet. It sure sounds great in my head and the general contractor and plumber said it could be done...crossing my fingers...to be continued...

1 comment:

AMY said...

It's going to be fabulous! You have great visions. =D