Monday, June 7, 2010

Lazy Summer Days and Nights

That's what I love about school being out, no more having to worry about making sure kids are up in time for school (ok, I confess, I didn't have to do that either during the school year, my hubby did, but I DID when he was out of town), I know, I'm very spoiled. Anyway, I still think there was a part of me that worried about them getting up in the morning if I found my hubby still in bed past 6:15am.

Today really felt like the true summer, no school day. I had to wake my daughter up at 10:30am only because she had lunch plans with one of her grandmas. I don't think my son would have come out of his room until 3:00 if I hadn't texted him. Yes, I said I texted him in my own house. You have to realize, his room is in the north pole, that's what we call it since he is in the north end of the house. Call me lazy.

So what do I do with my lazy days now? I still catch up on emails, start the laundry, wipe down the kitchen counters, sweep the floor, make sure everything is tidy then I decided to clean up my pile of papers that needed to be filed. These consist of bills, purchase receipts, etc. I laid them all out on the floor according to a certain pile, including a garbage pile and a shred file.

I filed away the most recent papers, threw away the garbage, set aside the shred papers and the filing was complete. Now that didn't take me long at all so why was I so worried about it? Because the pile was bugging me everytime I added to it. Back to checking laundry and put in loads three and four.

Now what to do? I ate lunch with my son and told him we could go fishing in an hour. I did beat everyone yesterday with catching four fish and my son had only caught one. Always a competition. We only made it about half an hour fishing, it was too hot and humid out as the clouds began to clear, no fish either.

And with summer days, I took my shower at 4:00pm. Then my oldest daughter got home with dinner since hubby was out to a business dinner and now here I am, able to post on my blog at 6:20pm. That never happens during the school year!

The lazy summer days and nights have only just begun, I'm lovin them already! Ahhhh...

1 comment:

asian~treasures said...

Too funny...texting your son IN your house.

Summer days & nights here seem to currently include an afternoon sprinkler run for the kiddos & an evening fire on the patio. FUN!