Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of School and I Celebrate!

Why is it that I feel like I am the only parent that ever celebrates the first day of school? Do I look like a horrible mom that doesn't want her kids at home? Um, no. I just know that I don't like to hear the words, "I'm bored" in the household and my kids know NOT to even udder those words in my house.

Going back to school is good for everyone, even if my kids don't realize it. They need a day and week of school to appreciate the weekend and the sense of freedom. The weekend is enough time for socializing, correct? Heck, before my kids realize it, they will be celebrating their last day of school!

And now I can have my days to myself, again. But they are filled with the daily tasks of laundry, picking up the house, updating calendars, grocery shopping, dinner planning, etc. All the fun things!

As my kids start school and countdown the days to the last day of school, I will continue to cherish everyday of silence.

No comments: