Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer IS Over

Some may think our summers are very short, okay, they are but that's the way I like it. My kids have been back to school since August 11th and 12th. My oldest will leave this Wednesday.

Though the summer was short, a lot of change occurred. My son got his first job, my oldest daughter had her first full-time job. Then came their growth personally. With summer came maturity. With maturity came appreciation. With appreciation came an enjoyable summer.

Though we had to endure a month of remodeling(remind me to never do a remodel again)we all had a wonderful summer. With my oldest daughter heading back to school Wednesday, our household will change once again for the year. All the kids have their set responsibilities with school work and holding a job during school for the two oldest.

For my youngest daughter, the year will be full of 7th grade and competing regionally and nationally on a very high level cheerleading team. Will be a challenge for her, but a good challenge, one we are all looking forward to.

With our kids back in school, the year brings change for my hubby and myself. I go in for surgery this Friday and I will gain the freedom I have wanted for such a long time. I want to vamp up my traveling again and this will allow me to do just that. For my hubby, he will continue to face the challenges with his job. Though frustrating at times, he has gotten a grasp on how to handle it better. With my new freedom coming up, that frees up the worrying my hubby does regarding me.

We are all looking forward to this upcoming school year, summer was great, but here's to a wonderful fall!

2 comments:

asian~treasures said...

With my oldest going to Kindergarten, I was sad to see summer over. :(

Praying surgery goes well & you heal completely & quickly!

Sheri

-Stacy and Ted said...

Wishing you well with your upcoming surgery. You'll be in our prayers on Friday.