Monday, August 16, 2010

Looking Back...

25 years from high school graduation this past Friday night was fun and enjoyable. This reunion was very casual which made it nice for everyone in attendance. We had a nice turnout, not too many, but with late notice, it wasn't bad.

I sent out 416 invitations, but not too many show up for these things. Not sure the reasons behind it, besides the usual distance and busy lives. As the person 'responsible' for planning the reunions, the title I gained because my hubby was class president, thanks dear, I do it to give people the opportunity to catch up with old friends and find new ones.

Talking to many of those that attended, everyone had very positive reactions and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. It was great being able to catch up with everyone. The life stories varied, I found out my class has some strong people with what they have experienced thus far. It's amazing what you learn as adults of a classmate's background when all that seemed important in high school was who you were friends with and what you were doing. Everyone was genuine and so grown up! Always nice to see grown ups acting like grown ups.

I had one classmate tell me that he really appreciated all of my hard work and that this reunion was what he really needed at this time in his life. His perspective has changed thru/out his life with the many challenges he had faced in his past. Being able to reconnect with his high school friends was very important to him and that his priorities in life are now about people. THAT makes all the hard work and headache so worth it to plan these.

I thank those that attended, it was great catching up with everyone. I wish everyone the best for the next 25 years and I will see you again to celebrate!

1 comment:

AMY said...

You have a gift of bringing people together!