Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pet Peeve

Or am I just too OC? Most would probably think the latter. When it comes to my bed, I am very picky, not about how gorgeous it looks, because it truly needs help in that category, but in how it's made.

I have always been very picky about how a bed should be made, like in the military. The sheets need to be very tight and tucked in, no bumps anywhere and should be even on all sides. And no, I don't do the quarter test, but don't even go there.

Then it comes to sleeping in the bed. You guessed it, I must sleep with the sheets and blankets completely straight. Even during the night and rolling around, the sheets must be straight, so in the morning, all that needs to be done is to pull the sheets and blanket back into their rightful place.

Looking at my side of the bed in the morning, one would think no one even slept in it. Now my hubby's is a way different story. His sheets and blankets are everywhere, even the fitted sheet corner has come off the mattress. There lies the issue, the pet peeve. I have tried everything known to mankind out there to secure that darn corner, the good ole garter looking thing, the clips, extra deep pocketed sheets...still no luck...until NOW!

Ta Da!:


It doesn't look like much, but wowee, zowee! It works! These unfold so you wrap on top of the corner then put your fitted sheet over it and wham bam, thank ya mam, the fitted sheet stays put!! (can you tell I'm excited over this?) My other hint, put one of these directly on the mattress, then put the mattress pad cover over it, then another one of these handy dandy things on top of the mattress pad for the fitted sheet.

Now I can get a good night's sleep knowing the fitted sheet corner is in it's place. The rest of hubby's side, I will just have to look away...

2 comments:

Skip said...

Sounds like you need a new husband

AMY said...

Lol. This post made me laugh hard. I feel trapped with my sheets so tight at night. Whenever Jeff and I have an opportunity to stay in a hotel we think of you and your former employment. For short stays we don't have new sheets put on. Very clever goody you've found.