Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Brainstorming

As I always do right before I fall asleep. Some of my best ideas have been discovered during these times.

In 2006, I went to Korea with 22 other adult adoptees. I was able to visit my orphanage during this trip. This was the first time I saw my admittance paper. Something I never thought I would see.

Then in 2009, I went back to Korea with my entire family. I was able to have my husband go with me to my orphanage. He was so great with questions I never thought of prior when I was by myself and in total shock that I was even there.

As we began looking at my admittance paper, I got to see the book that I was listed in. I was amazed that this book also contained other kids that were adopted, just as I was. My husband and I saw one paper only because the adoptee had stapled his business card to his page. How interesting. He had flown to his country of adoption the same month I had flown to mine.

This got me thinking about when and where other adoptees traveled and their whereabouts. I wanted to know others that were in my orphanage and traveled to their adoptive families at the same time I did. How cool would it be to see their travel dates and compare and maybe even connect.

So this has lead me to my idea. Collect adoptees' referral pictures, document when and where we traveled. Compile all of this into one book. Could it be possible? Yes, of course. It's a huge project, but what an interesting one.