Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year

And still no resolutions. I haven't made resolutions for years now. I look at resolutions as I look at dieting, I just don't do it. It's so restricting, so negative. I'm not saying those that make resolutions are wrong, you do what's right for you, I do what's right for me. New Year's Eve was very different for me, first time ever as an adult that I can remember I didn't stay up and ring in the New Year. I went to bed at 9:30 because I was simply tired from traveling. I didn't feel guilty for not staying up. I now do things the way I want to and if going to bed at 9:30 on New Year's Eve happens, then that's better for everyone because I was rested the next day and a happy camper.

Life is way too busy so adding in the pressure of keeping some restriction adds to the stress. Yes, I do know some resolutions can be positive ones, but the majority are not. I look at living my life as just that, live the life that is in front of me, not looking back at what was. I do look at what my future may hold for me, but the majority of the time, I only look at what the day has in store for me. This makes for less stress, hopefully.

2011 is upon me, I look forward to it, the good, the bad, the ugly. I will do my best as I always do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The way I look at it, resolutions are invariably broken so they're kind of pointless. :)