Thursday, December 30, 2010

It Had to Come to an End

Our last day in Cancun. We started off by taking the bus to the other Palace resort so the girls could have a spa treatment. The boys would hang out at the pool and beach. Wow, what a drastic change in environment this hotel was compared to the hotel we are staying at, all of which are part of the Palace resorts, so we have the same privileges at this hotel as we have in our hotel.

The pool was beautiful and the beach was beautiful...BUT it was very crowded!! The resort we are at is very spread out so it doesn't feel like you are on top of everyone else. This hotel is situated between two other hotels so the beach area is very tiny. We found some seats by the pool since we had an hour til our spa treatments. The boys once again had to get some food.

I enjoyed my facial though I just really don't enjoy spa treatments. I guess it's because I can't relax, I want to know what the heck is going on around me at all times. Full body massages, never again, I cannot relax with those. Erika had the full body massage, Kora had a pedi and manicure. The boys had fun swimming in the waves and pool. Skip was reading and of course, doing work. Then he told me he was stuck sitting out in the rain for about 20 minutes, he hid under a towel.

The boys had to get more food before our shopping adventure. The mall was only 15 minutes walking distance so what the heck, right? Ugh, bad decision. Traffic and smells and humidity, I was miserable. We finally got to the mall and off we went. The Mexican market was not what I was expecting. I wanted the true blue "Mexican market", not some stores thrown in here and there with expensive stores. Disappointing to say the least. The Mexican markets in San Antonio were better than this one.

I got pretty tired right away and was not in the mood to shop. After walking in the humid weather and still being greasy slimy and oh so attractive with my greasy hair, all I wanted was to go back to my hotel room, shower and relax! This was not my favorite part of the vacation for me, can you tell?

We decided to take a cab back to the one hotel (since we had put our backpacks in a locker in the hotel gym, we needed to pick them up) then we had the taxi take us all the way back to our hotel rather than waiting for the limo that was to pick us up at 8:00pm...REALLY? 8:00? NO WAY! I would have gone back by myself if everyone else would have wanted to stay.

Back to the hotel, showered, packed and room service, now that is a vacation! Hasta la vista!

And please check back later, I will post about yesterday's adventures, there are just way too many pictures to upload and as you can tell, I am not in the mood to do so just now.

I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow, not too thrilled about waking up at 4:00am and hearing about the bad weather back home. I'll be ready though, I'm getting my traveling mind into positive mode.

No comments: