Friday, December 3, 2010

Ba Hum Bug?

Me? Ba Hum Bug? Heck no! But...I'm kinda feeling that way...why? I don't know! Usually I am crazy in the mood to decorate, but this year, I am lagging behind my usual schedule of having everything up and decorated by the end of Thanksgiving weekend. One tree is still bare, but the kids will get to that, right? It's their tree! I just finished my icicle tree today, the star is the only thing left. The other formal tree, my family is coming over again to finish it.

But the rest of the house, I wouldn't mind if I just left it as is. What?? That is so not like me!! Since I didn't get my usual start the day after Thanksgiving, I think I've just been off. The day after Thanksgiving, I went to the football game so there went that day. The next day, I had to go help my mom and sister decorate another Christmas tree, then more football that afternoon. I was too tired to do any decorating that night. Sunday morning I cooked a huge breakfast for the family before my oldest daughter headed back to school. Then the afternoon was filled with NFL football for the boys. Um, they really didn't want to get all the stuff from the attic, did they.

So the next day, I asked if they would get the decorations from the attic, come on, football wasn't on until 8:00. So they did and we actually got the other two trees set up and put the lights on. I hung the stockings too. But the trees stayed bare until today. My mom and sister came over to help with the custom tree they did for me last year, but the finishing touches still need to be done, hopefully tonight.

I don't know what it is with me this year. I thought I got a head start on the season by getting my Christmas letter out before Thanksgiving so people would receive it the day after Thanksgiving. And today is only December 3rd, I shouldn't feel that bad that my decorating isn't done should I? Then why do I??? Why do I put this pressure on myself? Um, my first Christmas party isn't until the 11th, uhhh, next weekend...ahhhh!! Notice how I am stalling by writing on my blog rather than decorating, but I am waiting for my mom and sister to help me...yea, that's it...

No comments: