Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm Not a Spender

Really, I'm not, seriously, ask my family...sounds like I'm protesting too much. But with the season of Christmas upon us, I am quite the spender! And this year, we are not buying our kids presents, no we are not cancelling Christmas, we are just going a different route this year.

So why am I shopping everyday? I must get wrapped up in the season of it all. I am finding myself buying things for myself more too, which is really so unlike me. Yesterday, I went to the Apple store to buy a wireless keyboard for my iPad. Last Christmas, my family gave me the iPad as their gift to me. I have used it quite a lot, my youngest daughter loves to play games on it, but I found myself not using it as often as I 'should' be. The reason? The touch keyboard for typing. I just couldn't get used to it. When I type, I rest my fingers on the keys and type away. I have always been very good at typing. But resting my fingers on the touch keyboard, the letters would appear that I didn't want. Typing with one finger just doesn't cut it for me or suspending my hands above the keyboard doesn't cut it either.

So here I am, typing away on my newest purchase, the wireless keyboard. Another frill that I would not have bought for myself, but felt I needed in order to use my iPad more. "Needed', no but now I can at least use my gift more. This thing is pretty cool too. I got home with it and was like a little kid opening the box. I had to figure out how to use it and get it in sync with the iPad, the directions didn't state how to sync with an iPad, just a computer, what?? So I got the iPad, turned on the keyboard and....I was pretty proud of myself for doing it right the first time! It was so simple, technology is pretty awesome. And the bluetooth connection, yeah, pretty cool to sync the keyboard to my iPad. And now I can do my email on my iPad too since I can type my responses on an actual keyboard! Yahoo!! No more laptop plus iPad. So this means I don't need the new mini MacBook Air, right?? Hmmm, I STILL can't do documents on my iPad though....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg had this "brilliant" plan of buying ourselves one large family present this year. It sounded like a great idea until I realized it also equaled me not having anything to open.

Cassani Family said...

Yes the keyboard is great. Download the program pages. I do documents on that no problem. then I email them to myself and print them off at my main computer.