Tuesday, December 28, 2010

OMG!! OMG!!

I blogged about our nice dinner last night, BUT OMG! I forgot to include what happened as we were finishing up our desserts and having a nice dinner conversation. I looked past the kids sitting across from me where the dirty plates and silverware were. The guys were like worker bees gathering dishes and setting tables. That is when I saw it, one of the guys wiped off two bread plates with a pile of the dirty napkins and set them at a clean table. Ahhhh! We all had eaten off of our bread plates!

I told my family what I saw, they didn't believe me. THEN I was grossed out again and continued to be horrified and all I could say was, OMG!! OMG!! Another waiter (who happened to be our's) took a spoon from the dirty pile of silverware, wiped it off with a dirty napkin, set it on his tray with cream and sugar and served it to another table!!! I know what I saw, I wasn't seeing things. I'm a very observant person and I've bussed tables when I was a teenager, not that I ever did anything like this! Hubby proceeded to drink some of the alcohol drink to cleanse his mouth, so much for the rest of us! Some of us had been given 'new' forks for dessert...

We proceeded to leave and as we walked past the bussing station, I purposely looked in the station, looked in the drawers where the silverware was held and the drawer was EMPTY...I knew it! Gross!! Wow, what a way to end a great meal....gulp....Luckily, we are all ok this morning well, at least the three of us in this room, haven't seen the other three yet...

3 comments:

Debbie Dunham said...

Ew! Doesn't totally surprise me, though. We all know from our travels, that other cultures don't work under the same sanitary conditions we expect here.

asian~treasures said...

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww! I'm gonna go start my dishwasher right now!

AMY said...

No way...I am so grossed out right now, and my gag reflex is working overtime. At least the cream puff was lovely...