Wednesday, December 1, 2010

From One Mom to Another

As I reflect on my Gotcha Day, the day I joined my forever family, I think of my mom. Being a mom to three wonderful children, I think of all the things my mom gave to me and showed me:
Love
The meaning of family
Kindness
Hard work
Patience
Guidance
Discipline
Forgiveness
Determination
Hopefulness
Spiritualness(is that even a word? It is now)
Wonderful memories
How to roast marshmallows in the fire pit
How to poo in the woods
How to pee in the thunder bucket
(The three above during camping trips, not in the backyard)
How to have fun
How to garden
How to cook
How to clean
How to do my own laundry
How to brush the knots out of my hair
How to give to others
How to appreciate all that I have
How to appreciate others
How to laugh
How to cry
How to dream
How to achieve
How to believe
How to inspire
How to be creative

The list is endless for with all of the above, my mom has always been here for me and I know I wasn't always the easiest to get along with. We've both come a long way and I'm so grateful we are now together to make more wonderful memories and share life's greatest gifts.

I only hope I can pass these along to my own children.