Monday, November 29, 2010

The End of National Adoption Month

As November comes to an end, so does National Adoption Month. Adoption is a very special mission for me. I have my forever family because of adoption. I completed my own family because of adoption. How blessed I am to know I can give back. So many people have touched my life and I can only hope I have touched the lives of others.

And how fitting to end National Adoption Month and begin December with my own Gotcha Day, December 1st, the day I joined my forever family. I am grateful for my forever family. I have wonderful memories of my childhood and have tried to give my own children these great memories. My forever family is small, but we are all together in Omaha and it's been wonderful being able to celebrate everything together. There were a lot of years that we weren't able to be together due to distance and money. Now we can and it's been great having my family all together again.

I don't take things for granted in my life, I enjoy life, I live life, I treasure life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that your Gotcha Day is right at the end of National Adoption Month! That is so cool. My Gotcha Day is May 21!!!