Monday, November 8, 2010

Fast Forward

After graduating from college, I married my high school sweetheart. Ten months later, we had our daughter. I became a stay at home mom from that point on. Three and half years later, our son was born in San Antonio. When they were 2 and 5, we decided we were done having kids, hubby took care of that.

Life changes when you least expect it. 1998, we decided to adopt a baby from Korea. Nine months later, our daughter came home to us. Full circle moments for me and a lot of tears. I have written my thoughts on going thru the adoption experience before. So much that you can't control, it's quite the roller coaster ride. Now our family was complete.

After the adoption experience, I decided to volunteer for Holt as a way to give back. Little did I know just how involved I would get! I am still a big volunteer for Holt today and love every minute of it. I have met so many people along the way and feel so blessed to know we are connected in some way because of adoption.

No comments: