Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are!

Since I was found, I was hoping I wasn't going back home...wrong, I was returned to my family since I was just right next door. Ya think this made my situation any better? I can remember my mother putting her hand on my cheek with the pretense of being so relieved, but I could see in her eyes the anger and could feel the harshness of her hand on my face. I had thoroughly embarrassed her.

The one time I did receive any type of sympathy was when my leg was in a cast because I had been on the back of my sister's bike and my foot got caught in the spokes and my ankle broke. Wouldn't want to kick a person when she's already down, right? Thank goodness for a broken ankle.

My next memory was a pretty drastic one. I was at my school(I never remembered going to school this whole time), my social worker was there, the principal of the school and probably some other people. My social worker showed me a picture of a family, a mother, father and their daughter. She asked me if I wanted to go live with them. I knew this was my out. I had dreamed and dreamed of getting out everyday as I sat locked up in my room. I looked at the picture and I shook my head yes. I was in this new family that same day after I had endured 15 months with the first family. How I survived, I will never know, God must have been holding onto me pretty tight.

3 comments:

MandK said...

I am sorry you had to endure that...I couldn't wait to read today to see what happened. I hope your next family was much better.

Kelly said...

Kim...out of words...I don't know what to say, other than thank you for the courage to share and I hope you will continue to share. Your mission is my inspiration. I love you! And I am so greatful to have you in my life!

AMY said...

It makes me so angry whenever I think about you having to endure those months with that family. BUT, I am so thankful that you didn't give up, and that you have a heart to help other children find their forever family. I am so proud of you. I know that God had his hand on you. Thank you, Lord.