Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giving Thanks

So much in my life to give thanks for that it would take quite a lot of typing on my part. First and foremost,
I give thanks to God for giving me life.
I give thanks to Harry and Bertha Holt for answering God's calling to help orphaned Korean children.
I give thanks to the families that opened their hearts and homes to the children in need of their own families.
I give thanks to my first family for bringing me to the United States. I know you meant well, but God took care of me during the time I was in your home and I made it.
I give thanks to my forever family, the Anderson's. You ARE my family.
I give thanks for the strength I gained during the rough times.
I give thanks for the many joyous times in my childhood.
I give thanks my continued determination to live a happy life.
I give thanks for having great friends when I needed them the most.
I give thanks for having one special boyfriend throughout my teen years.
I give thanks for being able to build our first house together.
I give thanks for being independent.
I give thanks for knowing what I wanted in life.
I give thanks for following my dreams.
I give thanks for marrying my high school sweetheart.
I give thanks for giving birth to a healthy baby girl and I give thanks for being able to watch her grow into a beautiful woman today.
I give thanks for the little family my husband and I created.
I give thanks for taking the big leap of faith and moving our family to Texas.
I give thanks for squeaking by living off of one income.
I give thanks for giving birth to a healthy baby boy, even if he was born in Texas ;)
I give thanks for making our family priority and doing things our way.
I give thanks for moving back to Omaha just in time for our daughter to start school.
I give thanks for having wonderful next door neighbors to laugh with, be crazy with, celebrate with, cry with.
I give thanks for God's timing of bringing baby number three into our family.
I give thanks for experiencing the journey of adoption, even though I gained weight during the process.
I give thanks for being able to share in our joys with our families.
I give thanks for being with families during the sorrows.
I give thanks for surviving brain surgery and a seizure.
I give thanks for all the many special people I have met in my life.
I give thanks for being back at a church I feel comfortable in.
I give thanks for my undying faith in God for without him, my happiness would not have been possible.
My list could go on and on, so you get the picture, be thankful for the all the big and little things in life!

No comments: