Monday, January 10, 2011

'Spanx'-a lot

Friday was trash pick up day and it was very windy=my worst nightmare. I had my son and daughter set it out prior to them leaving for school. Three trash cans and a couple of cardboard boxes. The wind was whipping and as my son carried the cardboard, one piece blew away and as he ran to catch it, he slipped on ice and landed right on his bum. He was ok. I had told the kids to line up the cans against the light post and secure the cardboard between two cans.

About two hours later, the cardboard was no where to be seen and one can had blown over, great. About an hour later, two cans had blown over so I went out to pick them up and set them against one another again. Trash is blowing everywhere, I am freezing my patooty off, trying desperately to keep my hat from blowing off and also trying not to blow away myself.

I do this again two more times and decided the third time around, I would just bring in the trash because this would be going on all day and trash was blowing everwhere. As I'm picking up the second can, I could feel my lower back muscle pull, great. Trust me, that made it worse trying to pull the cans into the garage as I am walking against the wind.

I stayed in bed the rest of the day with heating pad and took some medicine. As the day wore on, I was doing ok. I made sure not to do too much. By Saturday, my back was much better.

Then Sunday morning came...getting ready to head to church and as I pull on my Spanx, ouch, there went that same back muscle! Really? Right now? I took in a couple of breaths and continued to pull the rest up and that is a challenge even without a pulled muscle. These fun Spanx go all the way up to the bottom of my bra line. I know, I know, why? Because they don't roll down as the other ones do and end up as a donut around my waist with one movement. What I won't do to avoid panty lines.

No comments: