Thursday, January 27, 2011

Food Network, HGTV, A&E, TLC...

I'm addicted! So that would mean I should be on a TLC show or an A&E show about addictions. With as much as I watch the food network channel, I should be a wonderful cook and be able to whip out an entire meal in 30 minutes and make it be nutritious and look amazing, yet I'm more the type to make things that are semi-homemade, especially since I only want to spend a few minutes in the kitchen. But isn't the kitchen my favorite room in the house? I love kitchen gadgets too, the more the merrier in my book. I have used all of my toys too, so that's not the issue.

I watch the cooking shows hoping something will click and I will turn into Rachel Ray or Paula Dean. They make everything look so easy. I love the good ole home cooking types of foods.

I guess it's harder for me to get into cooking more when the sit down family dinners are few and far between with my family and the kids' activities right at dinner time. My family has had sit down meals for as long as we've been a family, it's so routine for us, but these darn schedules! I miss the dinners, my family truly appreciates when I cook for them. Now we eat in shifts, not fun in my book so it makes me not want to cook.

I have to say, I have become more comfortable winging it with recipes and making them my own. I just hope today's recipe turns out good, my poor family, they are my guinea pigs.

Now, onto HGTV. My house should look like a showcase home but it doesn't. I would love for it to look like those I see on tv, but I just can't get my brain to work that way. I could hire someone to do it, but I feel like I should do it myself, it's easy, right? Heck no. I'm not a 'do it yourself' type of person. I've even fantasized about being on one of the shows, but seriously, those shows don't come out to Nebraska, why the heck not?? I think they would be surprised if they came out my way.

The two channels my hubby doesn't like, but I just love, A&E and TLC, especially with the addiction shows, 'Hoarders' and 'Intervention'. What do I get from watching these shows? Probably reinforces to myself that these are the type of people I don't want to be or become. I make a great armchair psychologist, just ask my hubby.

I guess my addictions could be worse though, right?

No comments: