Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Commercials

It's true, I get hooked into buying things just because I saw the product on tv. I am not a tv shopping junky though, nothing wrong with doing that either, if you have it under control. Anyhoo...I have bought several things thinking it would make my life easier, make my skin softer, make my skin look flawless, make cooking easier, make house cleaning a breeze...and so on.

I am not one to be very high maintenance, self-proclaimed of course. I don't go to the salon, I don't get manicures or pedicures, I don't get massages, I just never got into doing any of those things.

But seriously, I needed help for my darn cracked heels. I wear flip flops most of the time when going out, but am barefoot the majority of the time. So, first thing I buy, foot cream to help with the dry cracked heels that will instantly make them smooth and touchable...wrong! The next thing I buy is the foot scrubber thingy that should buff away all that nasty scaly skin...wrong! Lotion after lotion didn't work. So let's try the Ped Egg, sounds like what is truly needed and who wouldn't want to think of their heels as cheese and grate away at the dead, scaly skin? Truthfully, that darn thing hurts! It is a cheese grater! The nastiness that ends up inside that thing, GROSS! But I've kept up with it and lotioned some more...uh, my heels still aren't any better!!

My mind keeps racing for a solution, but seriously, this hasn't been my all consuming thought or priority, I really don't care about my heels being icky and scaly, but maybe I should care, it's not a pretty site. I like to think I am a good problem solver and a very practical thinker so it hit me, and of course, the first step is to admit it...the scaly skin is a form of athlete's foot. GROSS! I hate feet of any kind and to admit that I may have athlete's foot, ugh embarrassing. But it's not to the point of pain or true grossness, at least to me. So I go to Walgreen's and buy the wonderful athlete's foot cream. Something else written on the box, helps with jock itch, wonderful, I feel better already....NOT.

I have now applied the athlete's foot cream nightly and believe it or not, it's working!! For those that already knew about this solution, please just humor me that I figured it out. It's time to pull out the flip flops and cute sling back heels and show off my cute, little feet!!




No comments: