Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Weaknesses Became My Strengths

This book changed my life at a time when I was just beginning to see my potential and made my self-discovery a more positive journey:
I hadn't thought of myself as needing this book since I was 'just a stay at home mom' and not a career woman. 2005 was the year I traveled to Korea for the first time. I came back with a sense of what my heritage was, it was a part of me no matter how hard I tried denying it. I traveled to Korea two months later. I came back with even more of who I was and who I wanted to be and what I wanted to do with my life.

My church was offering this course so I signed up. My hubby decided to go with me only because he was having a horrible week at work, maybe this would change things for him too. We both took the class, did the homework and came out of it with a sense of who we truly are. Instead of looking for our weaknesses, we were to look at our strengths and see what the top five were.

Reading what my top five strengths were really opened up my world for me. I gained a sense of confidence I hadn't had. I gained a sense of who I wanted to be and how I wanted to live my life. I always thought I was a positive person, but this cemented it. From this point forward, I would look at life with an even more positive attitude and my path in life revealed itself in front of me. I haven't looked back since.

Six years later, my life is so full and rich all because I stepped out of my comfort zone and took this course at church. God truly knows how to lead the way!

No comments: