Monday, April 18, 2011

What a Week!

After a two days of board meetings, we began the celebration of Holt International's 55th Anniversary. The day of the forum registration, I was asked to step in on the panel of adoptees at the National Press Club. Not knowing what I would say, I agreed to be on the panel. I am not a public speaker by nature, but I have been getting better and better. When I tell my story, I know I am not talking for my sake, but for the sake of the children that do not have a voice. I feel a sense of calm and speak from my heart. After the panel was done, I still had no idea what I said, but many in attendance said I did well.


I am still processing all that went on during this celebration and all the experiences I was able to have while in D.C. I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to experience these moments. Being at the Senate Russell building was pretty amazing. Being in the Caucus room was like being a kid in a candy store. I was amazed at the room, the decor, the architecture, the grandness of it all and what has happened within those walls.

No comments: