Thursday, June 2, 2011

And the Story Continues...

I received another message right before dinner so I had to work in reading and responding and setting the table...

I wanted to clarify that the sister this person was looking for, that she knew the exact date of her sister's birthdate...My given birthdate is May 8, 1967.  This sister's birthdate is June 23, 1967...see, not too far off!  So it gets weirder...

Another message pops up and she asked me if I have a scar under my chin because her sister had a tumor when she was one...um, I do have a scar under my chin...I have never really pointed it out to people because I never knew how I got it.  One would never see it unless I pointed it out to them.  I have yet to disclose this bit of info to this person.  I will need to see if I got this scar from some other childhood accident.

Mind you, I am doing all of this messaging back and forth on my Blackberry all while preparing dinner...it was crazy!

I keep trying to ask her if she is sure about her sister's birthdate and I tell her because I was just given my birthdate and name randomly.  She stated that her sister did not have her birth certificate with her.  Hmmmm...after the mother died, her cousin is the one that gave away her sister.

So she has her childhood picture of herself and a picture of her sister right next to her's on her profile picture so I try to compare my picture to that one.  Do I see any similarities?  The usual bowl haircut.  The nose, maybe, but the only other picture I have of myself is the one I received from the orphanage I was admitted into and the year later picture, my face is so much fatter than the picture this person has.

I ask this person if she is living in Korea now.  No, she lives in Colorado and her husband is from Omaha....what the what?  I live in Omaha!!  

I know, I know, I am anxious to chat more with this person so hang tight, I'll post more when I do!!


Post Script:  I just talked to my mom and she had no idea I even had a scar under my chin...

3 comments:

AMY said...

WHAT THE WHAT???!!!! SISTAH!!!! KEEP ME POSTED!

asian~treasures said...

Oh my word...can't wait to read how this progresses....

Anonymous said...

WOW!WOW!I do not know what to say! This is INTERESTING!