Friday, June 17, 2011

Why Does Life Give Us Lemons?

We go thru life with it's ups and downs, happy times, sad times, the good, the bad, and the ugly(the lemons).  Yes, it's all a part of life, but if I had my way, I would prefer not to have the lemons.  These lemons can come in various forms, physical and emotional.  I am human, I make mistakes and I learn from my mistakes.  I try to be a good person, but I'm not perfect.

One person's point of view is not the same as another person's.  We go thru our daily routine and wham-o, a lemon appears.  It's like when you have to pull a band aid off and you know it is going to really hurt and you know you are to pull it off really fast, but instead, the band aid slips from between your fingers and it's still stuck on your skin and now you have to pull it again.  It's the same as pouring salt into your wound; that same feeling of when hot water hits an open blister; when you accidentally scratch your sunburn because you had an itch.

Just when you think you've got the bull by the horns, that lemon gets squirted in your eye and you wince and squeeze your eyes shut and hold your breath.  You want to be swallowed up by the earth, be invisible, push that reset button...but you can't.  You have to face the ugly truth of your mistake and sometimes, you can't make lemonade.

1 comment:

AMY said...

You make good lemonade.