Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Bittersweet Father's Day

Father's Day is always bittersweet for me since my father passed away when I was 18.  I truly miss my dad, especially in my grown up years.  So many milestones that happened and I didn't have my dad.  Becoming an adult isn't easy and to not have a parent there during these times is even tougher.  Then I have kids of my own and they never got a chance to meet my dad.  I feel sad about that, they would have loved him as their grandpa and he would have loved my kids.  

My kids do get to see a part of my dad thru me from my sense of humor and my zest for life.  I had thirteen years with my dad and I learned so much about living life in those thirteen years.  I hope I pass along these same traits to my kids.  Thanks to my dad for passing them onto me.  Happy Father's Day.

No comments: