Thursday, June 2, 2011

Interesting Note

First day of no school for my kids and I am awake at the crack of dawn.  Part of it is due to the stress my hubby is going thru at work so I know I am not sleeping well knowing he's not sleeping well.

So since I'm awake, I change my cell phone from phone only to vibrate, my daily routine.  I see that I have a friend request on Facebook and then a message from this person also.  I try to read the message on my Blackberry, but as usual, I can't scroll down on the darn message without it scrolling up and down on it's own accord, frustrating.

I decide to keep trying to read it on my Blackberry, I finally got it to settle down just enough to read the body of the message.  The message states this person is looking for her sister.  See, now you know why I HAD to read it right then and there.

What this person writes is eerily similar to my adoption timeline:  Her sister was born in 1967, though she has listed a different, but very close month to my given birthdate.  Then she said she thought her sister went to the United States in 1970 between September/October, my travel date to America was in September 1971.

This person has been searching for her sister for 35 years.  I wish her well in finding her and I hope I can be of some help to her and getting her information out to others I know.

My journey continues to search for any of my birth family members as this note shows, one never knows what kind or when I will receive another message...

1 comment:

AMY said...

Oh my goodness Sistah! Wow! How close. I continue to pray for your journey your search.