Saturday, June 11, 2011

No Family Vacation

This summer, our annual family vacation to Vermont will not be a family vacation.  The boys of the family will be the only ones going this year, as a matter of fact, they just left this morning.  My plans were to go to an adoptee camp in Oregon, but those plans changed after finding out the youngest's cheer stunt camp would be happening that week I was to be gone and also landing on the same family vacation week.  So it was decided that the boys would go and the two girls would stay home.

It is kind of weird to think just the boys are going to Vermont, but this was also my choice to not go.  We have been going to Vermont for ten years now so I feel like I've done all that there is to do there.  I've posted about this before.  Plus, being in the condo in Vermont, I still did laundry, cooking and cleaning.  And now I feel I have a prettier view out my own windows at home and feel the peacefulness that we all are in search of.

Did my daughter have to stay home too?  Yes and no.  Stunt camp is mandatory, but usually it ends up this same week as Vermont so stunt camp is missed.  But I'm tired of having to pay for stunt camp and not having her go.  What a waste of money, we pay whether she goes or not.  Plus, I feel my daughter is missing out on learning new stunts with her team and it's also a time for team bonding.

No summer vacation for me this year, but I'm good with it.  I love my home, I love my scenery, I love the peacefulness around me.  I will be enjoying it all while I still drive my daughter around and doing the laundry, cooking, and cleaning.

I know the boys will have fun, they are with hubby's side of the family so they will have plenty of company too.

No comments: