Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

Another year of school done, finally!  I guess I have had summer fever for quit some time now.  Forget spring fever, I'm going straight for summer.  Not sure why.  I hate hot weather, I love spring weather.  No major plans for this summer either, no big trips for me.  My youngest daughter and I will not be going on our annual family trip to Vermont, the boys will be going though.  I'm done with that yearly trip too.  I'm in the mood for different views, new scenery and something new!  I want to go explore the world!  Well, just the U.S. will do for now.  I want to show my kids there is so much more to see right here in the good ole US of A!

I loved the trips to Vermont when my kids were younger, but now that they no longer want to attend the camps offered there, there really isn't much more to do.  I've done most of the activities for the adults too, the hiking, the site seeing and so on.  I feel I have a much better view from my house than I do in Vermont.  Last year I really missed looking out my windows at the lake.  Plus, we have the ability to be outside and being very active right in our backyard.

I am a person of routine, but not when it comes to traveling and seeing new sites.  I want to create memories for my kids with family outings so it's time to explore the United States so they too will want to take their kids traveling.

I'm anxious for the no routine of what summer brings, the kids hanging out with their friends, and having a houseful of kids streaming in and out.  Let the summer fun begin!

No comments: