Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day...

Why is it that this day has become such a challenge and we feel pressured to 'out do' one another? I think I look at this day like I do the other holidays and birthdays and such. I prefer to do something special when it is totally unexpected, not because the day tells me to. I don't expect anything for myself either. I think the best gifts are those that truly come from the heart, isn't that what today is all about?
The best gift is that of giving to someone something that is truly needed and then that person passes it on. When someone does something good for someone else and really appreciates it and the goodness passes on, that is how it should be everyday.

2 comments:

Cassani Family said...

Thanks for the gift you gave me. Some wisdom, compassion, understanding, and acceptance when I needed it. Adriana

AMY said...

How grateful I am to have a family that considers every day an opportunity to tell others "I Love You."