Thursday, February 21, 2008

I spoke too soon...

Life, rather Mother Nature, threw a curve ball into the week! Living in the heartland, we get to experience all four seasons, which I dearly love; I really missed the changing of the seasons when we lived in San Antonio. So yesterday, my kids had an 'Extreme Cold' day, like a snow day, but with extreme cold temperatures and no snow. The low was -7 with a windchill of -26 so the metro area schools were cancelled. I was surprised by this, but when you stepped outside, it was COLD!
Timing was actually good though, my friends from OreGONE didn't get in until 1:30 in the morning!!! So being able to sleep in was a good thing. Life seems to work out that way for me, things happen for a reason and it all works out in the end.
My kids do have school today, still chilly out, but not as cold. I will be busy today getting ready for more company and working on preparations for the Holt auction. So life does go on....enjoy yours!

No comments: