Thursday, February 28, 2008

Perspective

Definition: The ability to perceive things in their actual interrelations or comparative importance


I re-read my posts from my last two days and and I am happy to say that after getting everything off my chest, I really got on with my days and got so much accomplished.


Then I re-read my posts today and I think to myself, wow, I did a lot of complaining, now I have to put things back into Perspective, that of 'comparative importance'. But I do have to give myself credit too, I put my whole being into these events because they are very important to me and so very meaningful that I want them to be very successful for the children still in need.


So I was reminded to put things back into perspective and always remember to do that. I received some very sad news from a very close friend of mine, I still cry when I think of it. I think so highly of this friend of mine too, I am at a loss for words I am so sad.


And this is the type of news I am not sure what to say to my friend. I've never experienced it, but have had many other close people around me experience it.


I know I have to compose myself, pray, and trust in myself that I will say the right thing. I am just so sad.

I have really been sad over this whole situation with my dear friend that I couldn't even post this yesterday. I have tried to put myself in my friends' shoes and I don't know how I would handle it. I'm sure it is THE hardest thing ever, I don't know though if I would be strong enough. I guess I would but only by the Grace of God. I know I have gotten thru a lot by relying on God and all of my angels in heaven watching over; I wouldn't be here today without God or my angels.

Now I have to rely on my faith again. I live by the mantra that things happen or a reason, but this....I have to question. I treasure my friend so much. I can't tell you how my life has changed because of this friendship. My compassion, passion, opportunities, and growth have all blossomed because of the gift of this friendship. How can I ever thank my friend? I admire my friend's compassion and passion. And giving me the opportunities and opening my eyes to all the good, the bad, but best of all, the POTENTIAL.

Please pray with me today. As a whole, we can all pray together and as a whole, we can lift up my friends and surround them with love and the reassurance that things will be ok. Amen.