Monday, May 5, 2008

The Best Laid Plans...

I am very much the planner so had my Monday all planed out to prepare for my trip to Eugene tomorrow...well that all changed last night!! I am not a happy camper right now. My hubby decided to be the big kid that he is and jump on the trampoline with my youngest daughter and not even a minute later and I see her grabbing her ankle....not a good sign especially on a Sunday evening...also not good when my 41 year old 'child' says he heard a 'pop' sound...
So at 8:40pm, off to the hospital to get the ankle checked out...diagnosis was a very bad sprain, but bad enough that she is home from school today. She cannot walk on it and has to ice it every hour.
I am still traveling to Eugene, but will fly out with the rest of my family on Thursday. Oh what a week this will be....I have no way of getting my errands done today so had to change my plans. I am happy to know we can still go to Eugene, I would have been so sad on top of being mad if I couldn't go! In the large scheme of things and life happenings, we are lucky for just a sprain.
And an update with my mom moving here. We already had a fight, not good when it was only her second day here. So I have learned that I have to distance myself with helping her unpack. I am taking the very deep breaths.....

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hang in there, Kim! I like the phrase, "Life is what happens while we're making other plans." Sometimes you just have to take that deep breath and go with it.

AMY said...

You can do it! With God's help. I'm so proud of you for remembering to breathe.