Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Two Days Blending

My birthday and Mother's Day always seem to blend together, but as the years pass, I see my birthday as a great reminder of me being a mother. That was my wish as a young girl, to be a mommy and now I am. So Mother's Day for me is everyday. I don't need the actual day to tell me I'm a mom, I have daily reminders. I don't expect gifts either, I don't want them, I don't need them.
My perspective in life has changed. I know I can thank all the people that have touched my life, both good and bad. Without these people entering my life when they did, I wouldn't be the person I am today. It was a rough road and I was not and still not perfect, but I don't want to be perfect either. I have made mistakes, who hasn't, but now I am trying to live my life so I can look at myself in the mirror everyday and truly know I am proud of who I am. When I blow out my candles, my wish is always the same and wishes do come true!
How lucky am I to have two days blending into one to remind me that I am living the life I wished for!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I, too, always make the same wish and my wish always comes true. Kelsey always asks me what I wish for, so I have written her a letter, to be given to her "after I'm gone" that explains my wish -- after all, you're not supposed to tell your wish. Unfortunately, it's one of my best pieces of writing and I can't share it with anyone. Happy Birthday! Happy Mother's Day!

AMY said...

Happy Birthday Sistah, see you soon!