Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Am I Overly Sensitive?

I don't think so, I like to think I have common sense on what to say and what not to say around people.

Kids grow and we all know kids grow at different rates. My youngest daughter is now 4' 9". She is catching up to me! But lately, more and more people have made this comment to her, "Wow, you have really slimmed down!" Or they say it when talking to myself or my husband AND she is standing nearby. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING??? This really, really ticks me off!!!!! To me, this is telling my daughter that she WAS FAT!!

It is not like she was overweight at all!! She just wasn't a stick like some kids, but good lord, she wasn't overweight. I shouldn't even have to defend her weight, I find it really ridiculous! What does this do to her? How does this effect how she sees herself now and into the future? It's so hard raising kids nowadays, we don't need this added to it. So frustrating.

I've always hated when people commented about me being so petite. I am still amazed that adults would continue to make such comments to my daughter. Just tell her that she is getting taller!!! PLEASE!

No comments: