Monday, March 15, 2010

Can I Blame it on the Weather?

The snow is almost gone, just a few traces here and there. Spring is official Saturday, but leading up to it, it has been very cloudy and rainy. Spring weather for sure, but add in a few snow showers possible here and there too.

I don't think the weather has really affected my mood like some others. I actually like winter and I like rainy days. BUT!! Those around me and things around me seem to be in a funk. So how do I stay positive for them? We've all heard the saying, "Fake it til you make it", and for me, I have done that at various times in my life and I know others have too.

This doesn't mean I go out and buy everything in the world because others have what I want, common sense. Doing that would put anyone in a funk after receiving the bills and you dig yourself deeper. To me, it means I have to change my attitude. Denying doesn't help situations either, so I don't do that. Reading inspirational quotes can help others, but they are only words if you don't truly live in reality. But when others around me and things around me seem to be off kilter, how do I help?

I know there are things in life I cannot control, but it gets so frustrating when I don't have that control. I like to reflect on my life a lot and I'm very grateful for my life and my family. I wish others could be as happy, I mean truly happy. For me, it doesn't take much to make me happy. It's the simple things in life that I cherish.

I think when a family member feels down, I feel down and most of all, helpless. I'm just frustrated. Life happens and we go on, but I don't like the 'dark clouds' above. And this too shall pass...I'm hoping it will pass soon and the sun will shine and that will help the moods, right?! For now, I will just smile in the fake sun.

No comments: