Friday, March 12, 2010

My Photos Above

I keep forgetting that I changed the pictures above on my blog, thanks to my great friend and Sistah. So thought I should explain each picture.

The first one, I've had previously, my referral picture from Korea when I was going to be adopted. I was 4 1/2 years old. I use this picture for all my profile pictures; this blog, Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. I love this picture for some reason, I'm not sure why. I guess I look into this little girl's face and can see all the questions running thru her head. And then there's that little bit of a smile, trying to look happy or the puppy look of 'pick me, pick me'. You can't really tell how small I am at this age from looking at this picture.

That is why I post the second picture, the little jacket. I've talked about this jacket also on my blog. This jacket is the only thing I had with me when I was adopted for the second time 15 months later. I was 5 1/2 years old and was the size of a two year old. I cherish this jacket. It's a reminder for me of yet another chance at life.

The next picture is of me and my husband in Korea in 2006. We are honoring Harry and Bertha Holt at their graves at Ilsan. This place means so much to me. I feel so honored every time I am there and can give thanks to Harry and Bertha for their love and faith. To have shared this trip with my husband was truly amazing. I know it touched him greatly too.

Leave it up to me being cheesey in the next picture with my husband. And I am the one that hates having pictures taken. We were heading up to the temple in Korea during the family tour. This picture makes me smile every time I look at it. It was raining, obvious, but we were walking hand in hand sharing the walk up the long path and feeling on top of the world. My husband is very attentive to me and is always making sure I am taken care of, he is my knight in shining armor.

The last picture, my entire family in Korea along with my youngest daughter's foster parents. Two families joined together after 11 years. A trip of a lifetime and one that I will treasure forever.

3 comments:

Jaci Monaghan said...

This is what blogging is all about, to me! Thanks for sharing these snapshots of your life. You truly are an amazing woman!

Kelly said...

Amazing...thank you so much for sharing...You are a true inspiration and a great woman...

Debbie Dunham said...

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing. Your forthrightness (is that a word?) is so positive for all of us!