Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reminiscing

Yesterday, I was reminiscing(was even proud of myself that I could spell, 'reminiscing' correctly the first time). There are so many life moments that I can reminisce about and then a good friend reminded me of one of them. I hadn't remembered that moment until she mentioned it, tho it did take me awhile to remember what the heck she was talking about.

When we were 'younger' and our kids were younger, we planned vacations with this family. We had quite the adventures with them and so many great laughs. The one memory that I had forgotten about during one of our trips was when I got stung by a wasp while in bed, that's right, I was in bed already!

I felt the sting and I told my husband that I had just been stung by a bee! He looked at me like I was crazy because I got stung right on the bum! I know, how does that happen in bed? But it did. We turned on the lights, inspected the 'sting area' that hadn't shown anything...yet. I could tell my hubby was still thinking I had lost it. We turned on the lights, looked around desperately for this so called bee. Finally, I looked at the lamp on the side of my bed and there it was, inside the lamp shade, I wasn't going crazy!

My hubby got in his hero mode and went after the bee(by then we figured out it was a wasp). Darn it, he missed getting it and now it was flying around the room. Imagine the two of us walking around the room looking for this wasp. So how do you get a wasp that is flying around? Grab your weapon, yep, a rolled up sock. My hubby begins throwing the rolled up sock everytime he saw the wasp. It was funny, but I was beginning to feel the affects of the sting so I couldn't help. Finally, my hero got the wasp!

As it came time to wind down and go back to bed, my sting area was increasing in size and getting hotter. Now what do we do? We never planned for something like this. So we got some ice and I had to sleep(try to)with the ice pack.

In the morning, the sting area had grown into another bum cheek, really. I react to stings of any kind and this one was huge! And boy was it super hot, I mean temperature hot. When we saw our friends and told them what had happened, they told us they were wondering what we were doing in the middle of the night because they had heard us walking around the room. All they could do was laugh and we all laughed together. There's nothing like sharing your big butt amongst friends!

Needless to say, I refused to sleep in that same bedroom again so we moved to another bedroom. It was a rough night only because the sting area was bigger and hotter than ever. So much for being able to wear my bikini for the rest of the vacation!

2 comments:

AMY said...

Oh Baby! You do have quite the figure to begin with.

asian~treasures said...

Ha...thanks for the laugh! : )

Sheri