Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cleaning Products

I have mentioned before that I used to clean houses as a teenager and was also housekeeping at a Holiday Inn. Wow, such glamorous jobs huh? I have also mentioned that I like to keep my house tidy and clean and presentable. Not that I am obsessive or anything...really...uh huh...

Over the years, I have tried a gazillion cleaning products for the house. So I thought I would start sharing some of my top picks.

With my new house came stainless steel appliances, which I was not thrilled with at all. I know, I know, that is what EVERYONE wants and that is what everyone is saying is the 'in' thing to have in a kitchen nowadays. But the upkeep of stainless steal is a pain. Unless you don't mind having finger prints or smudges all over them. Yes, I sound obsessive now.

I am also one to not want to spend a lot of money. Once again, that doesn't look like it from someone looking in from the outside, but I am a true penny pincher. That is how I got to where I am today!!

I have digressed, here is the product for cleaning my stainless steal appliances:



The key is to also have the microfiber cloth. As a money saving feature, I spray a tiny bit of this cleaner onto the microfiber cloth, wipe the front of the appliance, then buff with a dry area of the microfiber cloth. And bingo, you have a very shiny and clean stainless steal surface!

I was told to use just plain vinegar and water for stainless steal, that works also, but the smell, phew! I can't stand that smell, BUT vinegar and water is THE BEST for cleaning windows and trust me, I would know, we have A LOT of windows here. When you clean your windows, wipe clean with crumpled newspaper.

Do I like cleaning? Not really, it just seems like I have been cleaning all my life..

No comments: